Create a team
- Select Join or create a team.This is where you create your own team, or discover existing ones.
- Select Create team to create a new team.
- Give the team a name and add a short description if you like.
- By default, your team is Private, meaning you’ll have to add the people or groups you want on the team.Select Public if you want anyone in the organization to be able to find and join the team.
- Add members.You can add people, groups, or even entire contact groups.If you need to add people from outside your organization, use their email address to invite them as guests. Add a friendly display name for them too.
- When you’re done adding members, select Add and then Close.
Note: If you’re a global administrator, consider creating an org-wide team that automatically adds everyone in your organization.
Create a channel
By default, every team gets a General channel, which is a good channel to use for announcements and information the whole team needs. To add more:
- Select More options next to the team name.
- Select Add channel.
- Enter a name and description for your channel.You can build a channel around a topic, project, department name, or whatever you like.
- Select Automatically favorite this channel for the whole team if you want this channel to be automatically visible in everyone’s channel list.
- Select Add.